Thursday, June 3, 2010

Talent imitates, genius steals by farisyakob: Drugs Should Be Legalized (Where do you stand?)



The Economist is launching a new poster campaign that takes their editorial to the street.

As I commented previously The White Out of Red poster campaign is pretty much the definition of big shoes to fill.

[I also said I felt oddly compelled to post that work because Scamp was no longer blogging - but he's back now promoting his new book.]

This seems smart to me - using advertising to sample content is a good idea.

I also like the fact the posters are 'launching' on Facebook - where you can go and discuss your stance on this issues being highlighted, I imagine - makes a campaign specific page make sense since it is, by its very nature, discursive and conversational.

In fact, it's a crucial element - otherwise the Where Do You Stand? line is simply a line, not an invitation to reflect and comment...Talent imitates, genius steals

No comments:

Post a Comment