Friday, May 28, 2010

Amnesia Blog: The Fish’s Friday Five

Well, it’s the last Friday of the month and I thought I’d share what I think are the best and worst television commercials going around, for a bit of fun.

So, I give you ‘The Fish’s Friday Five‘. I encourage you to let me know what you think. Do you love any of these, hate them with a passion or have others you want to share?

The Best Five:

1. Nike’s Write the Future TVC

This three-minute masterpiece takes people on a journey. A journey where headlines are written, heros are made and how soccer captures a nation. The slick production is impressive, as is the clear take home message. It’s aspirational and left me, a soccer unbeliever, believing in the magic of the game.

2. Old Spice’s Look at your man. Now back to me TVC

This commercial makes me laugh every time..

3. Libra Invisible’s Boyfriend TVC

I dare you not to laugh at this. It’s a bit older, but it’s fun. Doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman, this funny take on women’s hygiene is a great example of Aussie humour. And yet another example of Australia’s unwillingness to mention the ‘P’ word on TV.

4. Boag’s Draught From the Pure Waters of Tasmania

This TVC is wonderful. Such a clear message for the product – superior quality because it’s brewed from the best products. Favourite bit? The guy pushing his girlfriend into the water. Because everything is made better from the pure waters of Tasmania!

5. John Lewis’ Always a woman TVC

Special mention to this UK commercial. It gives me goose bumps every time I watch it. Clear aspiration leaves you with an immediate feeling of quality and loyalty towards the brand. For a UK retail outlet, they’ve hit the nail on the head.

The Worst Five:

1. RACV’s Complete Care TVC

For those of you who are not in my home state of Victoria, you might have been spared this ad. And that’s a good thing, trust me. The ‘windscreen aliens’ TVC is my pick for worst ad of the week. If you’re interested, the series is over here. But click at your own risk.

2. Dove for men

Not sure why, but I really find this ad creepy. Perhaps it’s because I’m a woman and I don’t ‘get’ secret men’s business?

3. Chicken in a can with annoying Chicken song

Really, it speaks for itself…

4. Foxtel’s EOFYS TVC

I thought this was over and done with last year, but it seems the festival everyone loves – EOFYS End of Financial Year Sale – is back in May 2010.

5. V8 Supercars and Pink!

Ok, Pink is cool. And V8 Supercars are even cooler. But put them together and you get a mis-mash of a TVC that has a great soundtrack, but kinda doesn’t fit..

So, what do you think? Do you love any of these, hate them with a passion or have others you want to share?

Karalee Evans, Social Strategy Manager. Please click here to view videos: Amnesia Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment