Day one at the WOMMA School of WOM, and a key theme has already emerged … Advocacy.
It’s on the tips of everyone’s tongues - mentioned in every session yesterday. What I took away …
* Advocacy is a marathon, not a sprint. Takes true commitment.
* Scaling advocacy efforts are crucial to driving sustained WOM.
* Share everything that’s great about your organization (and even, in certain circumstances, what’s not so great) - the honesty and transparency will engender trust.
* You gain vocal advocates by focusing on people’s hearts/minds versus their eyeballs/ears.
* Desire + Direction = Change (per Dan Heath). The path to success is to stir up that emotional desire -> give people clear motivation to advocate on your behalf -> make the behavior visible to make it contagious.
Let’s see what day two brings …
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide aggregator