The National Film Board of Canada (NFB) launched its own iPad app last week that gives Apple iPad owners access to over 1,000 NFB documentaries, animated shorts and trailers, streamed over Wi-Fi and 3G wireless networks. It includes a selection of films in 3-D and stunning high definition. Users will also be able to download and store a film for up to 48 hours, for off-line viewing.
The app has the same features as the NFB’s iPhone app but has been optimized to take advantage of the inherent qualities of the iPad.
* Watch over 1,000 free movies
* Access a kids’ channel with fun and educational content for children
* Store films for up to 48 hours for off-line viewing
* Browse films by channel/category
* Search for films by title
* Bookmark your favourite films
* Browse related content while viewing a film thanks to split-screen technology