Monday, July 5, 2010

Lowe Roche - Digital: From the Intern Desk: Fast Weeks, Firsts, & Fun Nervousness



With the G20 craziness (which was going on right outside our office, hence the picture) and then Canada Day, the past two weeks have been short, busy, and have flown by! There were a few firsts for me, including my first off-site client visit, first agency-wide brainstorm (where I actually had some input!), and my first earthquake experience (we’re always shaking things up here at Lowe Roche! …Sorry, bad pun).

My first off-site client meeting was honestly the coolest experience I’ve had in my career, albeit very short, up to this point. We are doing some work with Roots Canada, and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go on the leather factory tour with a few others from the agency. We spent a couple hours there, gaining product/factory/brand knowledge, and met with Michael Budman himself – an extremely passionate and impressive person. I gained a lot from meeting him and seeing the inner workings of his business – it was all very inspiring. (It was also pretty sweet how he hooked us up with some product too, I won’t lie!) I’m super excited to be on this account, and look forward to the work we will be doing with them. In fact, within 24 hours of getting the account, we were delivering creative to the client, which I feel says a lot about what kind of agency this is.

Last week, I was part of a full-agency meeting, where I actually had the chance to speak up and pitch a creative concept. It doesn’t sound like much, but it was a remarkable experience for me. Having just recently finished business school, I’m used to being the one leading the meetings, but now I’m at the bottom of the totem pole, so to speak. And honestly, I was a little nervous to voice my opinion in front of these creative minds that have been in the ad business for years. But I think I did an okay job, and am glad to have that practice under my belt. (It’s fun being a little nervous!) I believe this is another example of how this agency works – everyone, not just creatives, has the opportunity to be involved in the brainstorming process and everyone has a say. One major thing I’ve learned about this business so far is that a great idea can come from anywhere.

So thanks again for reading, and as always, please let me know if there is anything you want to hear from me in an upcoming blog post. Cheers!Lowe Roche - Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment